Director of Contracts
AVX is seeking an experienced US Government Contracts and Compliance executive with responsibility for customer contracts administration, procurement, regulatory compliance, ITAR/EAR and patent administration. As a relatively small company involved in the performance of significant development programs, the AVX philosophy is to build a strong, core team of experienced aerospace executives to provide leadership and hands-on execution of the business. This core team of professionals will then build out the organization with entry and mid-level employees as the enterprise continues to grow.
Senior Data Scientist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
AVX is developing cutting-edge, algorithmic-based simulation, operational awareness, and mission planning capabilities to a wide variety of DoD customers. Our specially selected team of industry partners/academia including engineers, software developers and scientists develop algorithms, software integrated prototypes and solutions for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Mission Planning, and Operational Awareness. The candidate will work on a team developing new code bases that are heavily object-oriented, extensible, and maintainable. The team follows Agile development processes and ensures fast and secure delivery of software services.
As a Senior Data Scientist at AVX Aircraft, you will
· Work with a team of data engineers, software developers, and data scientists to develop and deploy capabilities to address highly complex AI/ML challenges.
· Collaborate with data and subject matter experts from customers to seek, understand, validate, interpret, and correctly use new data elements
· Lead a small university team of data engineers through an Agile development process, maintain schedules, and provide overall technical direction for successful completion of projects.
· Externally, maintain customer relationships and serve as a subject matter expert.
· Be the subject matter expert for the team in data science and algorithm development in a variety of fields including data transformation, predictive analytics, time series data, visualization, and advanced metrics.
· Take a holistic approach to algorithm development to ensure the most value added to the warfighter. This includes considering not just the algorithm itself, but the whole system including labels, software infrastructure, and user interface.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· The ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
· At least 10 years of relevant experience
· Expertise using Python to solve data science problems
· Experience with data management pipeline technology
· Solid understanding of physics, linear algebra, statistics, algorithms, optimization, and/or machine learning methods
· Demonstrated performance in managing program schedules to successful program conclusion in an Agile environment.
· Proven record interfacing with customers and developing external relationships.
· Be well equipped to take on various roles.
· Experience implementing cloud services, a plus
· Experience evaluating the quality of advanced models, a plus
· Natural language processing experience, a plus
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Remote work will be considered